We want as many dads and sons as possible to have access to these programs. Not surprisingly, financial constraints are the most common barrier to participation. So once a year we hold a Night at the Races fundraiser to help offset some of our program expenses. Funds raised by this event help us to keep our membership fees as low as possible. We pride ourselves on only doing ONE fundraiser a year and Night at the Races 2019 is March 9, 2019.
More information for 2019 can be found on our Facebook Page:
The event raises funds in several different ways including:
- Ticket Sales - Each officer (dads in orange) has 20 tickets to sell. We look to sell 400-450 tickets for this event at $25 each. Food will be provided, along with POP and DRAFT BEER. It's an adult only event, 21 & over please. Please bring Appetizers for your group. Tickets can be requested here:
- Support from advertisements - Each attendee gets a program guide and in that program are horse race details and ads. The program guide highlights and thanks each advertiser. Ad forms can be found below - we keep the ad costs very low to welcome all local businesses:
- Horse sales - Night at the Races is an event that allows for betting on horse races from old film reels. It's own the horses, name the horses and even more fun when you win! We typically sell 9 horse races in total for our event with the 10th race being an auction race. Horse sales for 2019 are being handled by our Valley Expedition Navigator and you can email him here - email@example.com
- Donations! Donated items from local and national businesses are always a hit with our group especially from organizations that promote FAMILY! These donated items will be used for raffle baskets, silent auctions, door prizes and the donor will be acknowledged in our program guide along with a card/plaque at the donated items area. We accept donations all year long for Night at the Races. The 2019 donations are being led by our Federation Elder and you can email him here - firstname.lastname@example.org. He has copies of the letter along with our 501(c)(3) status for tax purposes.
How can you help?
- Buy or sell tickets - these make great gifts and it's a CHEAP night out
- Buy or sell ads - Ads help pay for printing costs and bring value to our advertisers. It's a low cost and easy way for local businesses to be visible to 450 attendees.
- Buy or sell horses - These horses need a home. Horses are $25 each or buy an entire race for $250 to promote your team, business, family, etc
- Donate! Donate tickets, vouchers, merchandise, services, etc -- donations in the past have helped raise nearly $5000/year for our organization